Identifying Adaptation Approaches with Living Shorelines in the San Francisco Bay: Part One
Thursday, December 03
Event Time 10:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
Location Virtual on Zoom
Contact Email firstname.lastname@example.org
The first of a three part series designed to assist practitioners with the next step of implementing living shoreline projects.
About this Event
Objectives of this training:
- Familiarize landowning entities with the tools currently available to assist in execution of living shoreline projects in the San Francisco Bay.
- Using Point Blue’s Adaptation Framework and Operational Land Units (OLUs) we will follow the step by step guide to explore nature based measures used to mitigate sea level rise.
- Following the Adaptation Framework we will take a deep-dive into Step 2 by identifying adaptation approaches with a focus on natural and nature-based measures suitable to the place.
In this training, participants will learn how to:
- Gain assistance envisioning and strategizing living shoreline projects on your land;
- Learn more about Point Blue’s Adaptation Framework and how it can be used;
- Hear from others implementing living shoreline projects in the Bay area and share your expertise and;
- Get important lessons learned from other living shoreline implementers.
Led and organized by:
- Aimee Good and Catie Thow at the San Francisco Bay National Estuarine Research Reserve and;
- Sam Veloz at Point Blue Conservation Science.
*Scholarships are available for individuals or agencies with difficult purchasing requirements.
Thursday, March 09, 2023
Monday, March 13, 2023
Thursday, March 16, 2023
Thursday, March 23, 2023